I am currently at work on a supersecret project, and it is really working, so I am having all.the.ideas and everything else just sort of melts away. More ideas. Aanndd some more ideas.
It’s all like* –
Jonathan: What’s for dinner?
Me: Can I bulk order oil pastels? And can I really call it “mixed media” if it’s just in monochrome with oil pastel added? Should I add washi tape? Hey, I need to bulk order Instax film, too…
Jonathan: It’s fine, I can just eat a can of soup or some peanut butter with apple slices.
[*Not really. Usually dinner is late or scary because of CHILDREN. So…]
One of these “Oh, I wonder if…” ideas has stood up to the intense scrutiny involved (Is it dangerous? Will people point and laugh? Am I going to lose money on this?!?) – PROJECT:PLAYTIME.
Not gonna lie, I was already actually seriously planning a project portrait session with a friend. I may have taken it to the next level, though, because I’m determined to do 2 sets of minisessions.
Right now, it’s looking like I’ll shoot at TheBarn (my house, in Columbiana) on May 2nd and in Jasper on May 16th. If those dates don’t work for you, we can talk about alternate dates.
Now, I have a feeling that you may be asking, “Shoot what?” and some other questions.
My plan is to have a nice, safe, fun spot set up for fingerpainting (I can provide brushes, too!) a picture frame and a few pieces of heavy (possibly watercolor) paper. The paint I’m planning to use is nontoxic and washable from skin but not-so-much from clothing, so I suggest wearing clothes you’re not worried about getting painted. (I will have aprons and wipes and you will be dry – if not paint-free before you have to get back in your car, I promise.) I will shoot for 15-20 minutes while you (or your kids, whatever) paint. You’re not required to get as messy as my kids do, but, really, I don’t see why you wouldn’t.
– Sessions are $75.
– Shooting will last for 15-20 minutes, with the understanding that you’ll most likely be on-site for 45 minutes to an hour.
– You’ll keep your frame(s) and any additional papers decorated. I will photograph your frame(s) and paintings for use as backgrounds in your book.
– I will compile a 6×9 paperback book of images from your session.
– Digital files, extra book copies, and prints will be available for purchase. (I’m still trying to work up the special pricing.)
– If you want extra frames or extra time or specific poses, those will be available but will involve an add-on fee for your deposit.
– Because I will need to purchase supplies, you will be required to pay a deposit via PayPal (I will invoice you). The balance of your session fee will be due before you get your preview images.
– If you want to do a group/cousin/family sessions, we will work out a specific plan and adjust time and pricing and supplies as needed.
– I may need helpers; you would be eligible for a discount (or extra goodies) if you help!
If you have questions, please feel free to comment here or email me. Follow along on Instagram (@themeganfloyd) or on my Facebook page!